Your early 20s may be the age when your body is most capable of conceiving and carrying a child, but that doesn’t mean that we’re all emotionally and financially ready to start a family at such a young age. Many women are choosing to start their families later in life, well into their 30s and even their 40s.
We’re all living much longer than we used to so what’s the harm in focusing on your career, seeing the world, and getting established on the property ladder before babies come along? If you’re in your 30s or 40s and wondering if it’s too late for motherhood then take a lead from these celebrity mums who all gave birth in their 40s…
- Uma Thurman: The Kill Bill star welcomed her third child, a daughter named Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson, into the world in 2012 at 42 years old.
- Gwen Stefani: Mother of three boys, Gwen’s youngest son Apollo Bowie Flynn was born in March 2013 when Gwen was 44 years old.
- Halle Berry: Halle was 41 when she had her first child, daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry in 2008, and she then went on to have a son, Maceo, when she was 47 years old.
- Salma Hayek: Salma gave birth to her daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault when she was 41 years old, and is cited as saying “I’m a more fulfilled human being now, and I probably wouldn’t have been 10 years ago. She gets a better mother for being born now.”
- Tina Fey: The 30 Rock creator/star had her daughter Alice in her 30s, but was eager to give her a younger sibling and successfully gave birth to her second daughter Penelope at 41 years old.
- Celine Dion: Celine and her husband René -Charles already had a son, René Angélil, but wanted to add to their family. After several rounds of IVF, Celine gave birth to twin boys, Eddy and Nelson, in 2010.
- Nicole Kidman: During her marriage to Tome Cruise the couple adopted two children, Isabella and Connor, but it was in 2008 at the age of 40 that Nicole gave birth to her first biological child, Sunday Rose, with husband Keith Urban.
- Mariah Carey: Mariah suffered a miscarriage before finally becoming pregnant with her twins, Monroe and Moroccan, at the age of 44.
If you’re planning to start a family or expanding your existing family and concerned about your fertility then get in touch with us for a consultation. There are several tests that we can do to diagnose fertility problems, and we’ll help you to overcome these obstacles and achieve your dream of being parents.